Sunday, February 17, 2008

No More Heroes

So, for starters, I really want to see how quickly I can beat No More Heroes and get the "true ending" thing, which is apparently fairly easy. I'd be hesitant to look at spoilers, but every spoiler I read has not prepared me for the awesomeness of this game. The reviews have, but there's a big gap between looking at the information and actually seeing just how awesome it is.

That said, what was really weird was that the guy at Gamestop asked me for ID when I bought it. Just because there's near-nudity (no nipples shown, but the hot french woman who acts as your liaison to the assassin company does have a scene where they show almost every bit of her that could be shown on television), and because there are kind of huge amounts of gore. I've lost count of the times were I cut a guy in two, from the crotch up through the head.

Which would all make sense if anyone could actually mistake me for being under seventeen. I'm guessing this is all Jack Thompson's fault, though I couldn't tell you why.

So, anyway, met with some friends for the first time in too long over the weekend. We went and had dinner in the North End on Friday, and then on Saturday went to the Museum of Science. It was all very cool and I wish I could make it sound more interesting but I'm at a loss for words.

Also, I've started writing a novel. It's really weird. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with it, but I've set up a bunch of strange things to go on, and more are on the way. I've even got characters that I don't quite understand yet. One of the major supporting characters is the Grim Reaper, except he's in disguise as a human being. Then something happens to confuse even him, and then I've got a character whose identity is completely a mystery who transfers a name of power that is so mysterious that I don't even know whose name it is yet.

It won't be Chthulhu. Or Amun/Ra/Amun-Ra. Or Yahweh. But it's got to belong to someone or something.

No comments: