Thursday, February 7, 2008

Already worrying about withdrawal symptoms...

I've got to take the bus to get home tomorrow. No way in hell I can do it otherwise.

And so I've got to face the prospect of bus travel. Specifically, packing to go on the bus.

Every single time I've taken the bus home, it's been the most annoying experience I've ever had. Usually, part of the stress was getting on the bus with all of my stuff. Because normally I have to pack to go home for extended periods of time, I've had to pack to go home for that amount of time.

Which generally means my big suitcase that manages to not only not carry that much, but take up space in the most awkward fashion imaginable. And it doesn't compress that much. My parents did not think this gift through very well when they got it for me, way back in the way back of time.

Luckily, this time I'm probably going to be able to go with just my backpack, and maybe my computer case. Which brings me to my title for this entry, because bringing my computer with me would mean carrying two bags. One with clothes, the other with my computer.

Only one of those is actually necessary for my survival this weekend. Even though there's plenty of stuff to do on the computer over the weekend. I just... I really feel like I should just bring my clothes, Moby Dick, and maybe a notebook or something.

Except I suppose I need the computer with me. I don't know.

It may be the only thing keeping me sane. Seriously, I'm going insane. Or maybe I'm just turning normal, who knows. All I know is that I've managed to find myself not bored to tears at the end of my American Novel class every single time. Okay, usually I'm a little bored at the end, but somehow... Okay, as a measure, the teacher usually plans to give the class a break at the hour mark in a 1h45m class. Now, since I don't have a watch, I consistently wait for this break, and it often doesn't come. But here's the kicker; when the end of class comes, I usually assume that we've reached that 1-hour mark. I'm a little bored, but bored for 1 hour of literature class, not for the 1 hour and forty-five minutes. That's a huge difference for me.

It's actually kind of similar in my Comedy class, but I'm pretty sure the teacher ends class early. Sometimes I notice it in my Poetry and Drama classes, at least if I'm not part of the discussion in any great way.

I think I may have figured out why I fixate on one particular girl at a time. But I don't particularly want to discuss it. I'll just say that the mental mechanism can backfire and suddenly I've developed a crush on every girl I've spoken to over the past month.

I'm not saying things are like that, but I'd be really scared of myself in any kind of relationship as I think about it...

No comments: