Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'll try to get all the way through this...

You see, as my computer is being slow today (and I mean really slow, I have to wait a second just to start scrolling on every single webpage I visit, and two seconds to click any links), I might not have the energy to finish this, but I really just want to write an entry.

So, next Monday I'll have my 21st birthday. Of course, I won't be able to celebrate by drinking into a stupor immediately that night, as I have class in the morning. However, the following weekend I'll probably be in a constant drunken state. I guess.

I haven't really celebrated my birthday much at all since before middle school. I've had the occasional party, but nothing truly celebratory. I just feel like, to have any kind of celebration, I'd have to organize it myself, and I'm not really that interested in it. Besides, a birthday party shouldn't really be about the person having the birthday celebrating.

I really have no idea what I'm talking about right now. I guess I'm just trying to shirk responsibility. All I know is, if I buy myself a cake, I feel like an ass. I'm just going to feel more depressed than I already am if I take control of my own birthday, so it's just going to be another day unless someone decides otherwise.

Meanwhile, I've got to go home for the Maine caucus on the tenth, right before my birthday. My mom's running the local Democratic caucus, so I'm kind of obligated to vote there, rather than in Boston.

I think I'm pretty much going with Obama. Hillary Clinton manages to be a centrist who's pre-alienated a lot of people. So, basically, she's got everyone on the other side to not like her while also maintaining a close position to those people on most issues. Whereas Obama's got people on the other side to like him, while most of his positions are far more liberal.

Plus, he's kind of like what Kennedy was supposed to be back in the 60s. And I kind of wish I'd been in the 60s.

It's not so much that the computer stops registering my typing, but that it finishes loading and all of my typing comes in as if I was the one who'd stopped. And sometimes I can get pretty far ahead of the computer. But I have no idea why this is happening. It looks like someone else is typing and I'm watching in real-time. It's disturbing.

No comments: