Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don't dare imagine me in a pointy cardboard hat.

So, yeah, my birthday's just a few minutes over right now.

I've had three slices of cake, played several hours of Wii stuff, and completed the minimum amount of homework possible. I've also thanked everyone who wished me a happy birthday (I think), and I really wish I hadn't decided to do a blog post at this moment, but I felt I had to.

You know, this week is not going to let up for me. I've got large amounts of homework every day, a few bits that are just aren't going to get done at all unless I pick up the pace massively, and... well, thank anything that it's a long weekend.

I do have to say that I need to make a list of the pokemon I need to train in Pearl before they go back into Pokemon Battle Revolution. There are a bunch of good ones that are without any good moves because I stopped training them too early. One of the good ones is even without his signature move, so you know I'm on the ball. Hell, my Gyarados doesn't even have a water-type move.

This is mostly because I'd been planning on using him in a amateur pokemon league developed on an internet forum, wherein I'd be a gym leader using Water-types. Thus, my Gyarados would be facing foes developed in order to face off against it.

So instead of any water-type moves, I gave him a couple of Dragon moves and Earthquake. Though, to balance this out, I somehow ended up with an Alakazam that knows a pretty decent Electric move, so at least I've got something totally out of left field for my team.

Wow... I didn't realize I'd be sitting up blogging about my strategies in a pokemon game.

I can say one thing; I haven't been bored today. There have been a few bits that dragged a little, but overall I enjoyed my birthday this year. Even if I didn't get drunk. I mean, last year the big thing I did was sit around, and then do work on a class project. The year before... Okay, the year before I managed to get drunk, but that was literally everything that happened on my nineteenth birthday.

My eighteenth birthday did have an actual party with my friends. I still managed to be disappointed because the group wasn't larger, though I can honestly say that if I'd gone in that year with my attitude this year, I'd probably have been a lot happier about that small group of friends. Besides, that party started with me getting all bent out of shape internally because I'd invited the girl I had a crush on and she didn't show up, which is actually perfectly logical in hindsight, but somehow I'd expected her to show. I tried not to show anything and appreciate the people who came, though.

Let's face it, I'm a pretty bad friend. I'm a good friend only when I realize how bad a friend I'd be if I let myself be as self-absorbed as my instincts tell me to. When I don't remember that I'm not the absolute center of the universe, I'm a jackass.

I'd like to point out here that I'm not being depressed or angsty, just self-reflective. I'm too exhausted to be depressed (the more tired I get, the more emotionally neutral I become), and, well, angst is hard to come by when life is actually pretty good.

I'm going to stop writing so I can get to sleep now.

No comments: