Sunday, February 10, 2008

I HAS A WII

So, I decided to take my laptop, and am now home, and tomorrow afternoon, I'll be caucusing, and maybe by the end of the day tomorrow I'll be back in Boston. I hope. Because I only brought two sets of clothes, and I used one today.

But yeah, I opened birthday presents last night. I got that Wii I've been asking for since last Christmas (though only got serious about this Christmas), alongside Super Mario Galaxy. I also got myself a Wii Point card so I could buy some Virtual Console games, and I got myself the first Kirby game, and Pokemon Snap. Can't play Snap yet, though. I unfortunately do not have the classic controller peripheral, and I didn't bring my gamecube controllers.

If I'd known, I'd have brought my gamecube home with me. I packed lightly, seeing as I expected to bring more stuff back to Boston than I took home.

I also got Across the Universe on dvd. I've been checking out the special features and stuff, since Wii-playing has made my back sore. Seriously, I worked up a sweat playing boxing on the Wii sports that came with the system.

Oh, and I got a pair of gym shorts. I'd expected to mention that without getting myself into a good segue, but that transition actually kind of made sense. Which is kind of sad, because I like avoiding any segue between two seemingly-unrelated bits of information. Unless I'm using a list, but this is all off-the-cuff, stream-of-consciousness, word-hyphen-word type of stuff.

If you've read this far, congratulations. Sometimes, I'm surprised anyone reads this stuff at all, but every time I think that, someone comments out of the blue, and I pretend more people care than actually let on.

Right now, after a good week of classes and getting precisely what I wanted for my birthday (seriously, I was dreaming about getting a Wii, and have been doing so for a while), I'm in a "way too self-important for my own good," so the only thing I can do to stem this self-inflation is to remind myself that the only people who'd read this probably don't actually want me to know that they're reading. Sometimes I think I can see it in their eyes. I've occasionally seen the precise difference between a person's reaction to me the day before and the day after a particular entry.

And it's bad because if I'm feeling particularly good about myself, and I do something stupid, it's far more likely to ruin my day than a balanced day where the unlucky stuff is about equal to the lucky stuff. Just one stupid thing in a full twenty-four hours of absolute joy can make me wish I could just go to sleep and end the day early.

I may not be mentally stable. I should go to the school's counseling service or something. I keep meaning to. I always mean to, but I often don't have time for it. Like, last semester I would totally have gone to the counselor a bunch of times, but I was most depressed right in the last few weeks. And not only did I view it as too late in the semester to start going (not sure why this was logical, but oh well), but the primary reason for me being depressed was the strong possibility that my poor work ethic would translate into academic suspension.

Unfortunately, my good work ethic this semester is to blame for me not getting there so far. Because I've spent most of my free time during the week reading for my American Novel class. Maybe I'll have more time when I'm not reading Moby Dick. I don't know. I should stop writing and get back to other things...

No comments: