Monday, April 23, 2007

Heroes is back! [major spoilers]

I'm giddy. So giddy that the homework I should be doing takes a back seat to this entry. Which will detail my take on the events that occurred in tonight's episode. Just don't read this and skip to the entry on Atheism if you haven't seen it yet. Let's begin the fandom:

  • I totally called Linderman being the head of the group that Mr. Bennett worked for. Granted, I didn't do so great at predicting who Linderman would be, but Linderman being the bossman of both organizations was a keystone of my thoughts about the times to come.
  • Who wants to take me on in a bet? I say that Old Lady Petrelli doesn't reveal her ability until the season finale, and that she resents having it. You'd be stupid to take me on, since it's practically a given, but I think we know right now that Peter and Nathan didn't get their powers from nowhere. I'm sure the fact that she was stealing a pair of socks in the first episode is significant to her ability, too. In fact, I've been certain of it since the first episode.
  • The above notes would sound less like a self-important asshole who fakes predictions to sound right if I'd actually been able to document these predictions when I made them.
  • Every time Claire appears onscreen with either of the Petrelli brothers, I really get creeped out. Even before she was revealed as Nathan's daughter, it looked like "creepy older dude and young girl have mutual attraction" material. Maybe I just read too much into it, and it's not like I don't believe the characters could be related, just that it's going to take some getting used to before I stop thinking "please step away from the underage girl, sir."
  • Malcolm McDowell has appeared in three things that I've seen; A Clockwork Orange, Star Trek Generations, and Heroes. Now, he basically plays a villain in all three. The odd thing is, though, that in the first, he plays an evil person who is forced to undergo a worse evil to make him good, and then is abused by the world, unable to fight back. In the second, he is just an old man trying to get home, who can only do so by destroying planets. In this, he's destroying most of New York in order to make the world a better place, and has the ability to heal other things. What I'm saying is that the man knows how to pick and play his bad guys. These are not your "Me bad guy" evil guys.
  • Future Hiro needs to teach Hiro how to better use the sword via a samurai duel. It would be greater than awesome. It is necessary for the betterment of mankind. Blowing up New York is nothing compared to the beneficial effects of having Hiro and Future Hiro in a swordfight.

No comments: