Sunday, April 8, 2007

The Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship...

If you're reading this, you're either someone who knows me as "Saurian," or "Ar_Zimrathon," or my real name, heretofore known as "Sam." Actually, if you know me as Ar_Zimrathon, you know me as Sam, since I don't think there's a sole person who knows me from my livejournal who doesn't know me from real life. If you know me as something else, you're clearly going through the archives of this blog a long time after I've written this post, and thus are a complete tool. I know this because, as of writing this, I'm really not known by any other names.

Anyway, this first post is here to tell you all what this is for: This is for those seemingly profound thought processes that I would otherwise find myself posting amongst a bunch of personal issues that really don't go along with the most interesting stuff. So, here, I plan to post the mini-essays that sometimes come into my head. Stuff like politics, or movie reviews, or just my impressions of culture or human nature in general.

This is not scholarly shit. Which is why I'm using words like "shit" to describe what it is, to prove that I'm not here to be a professional. My career ambition is to be a professional writer, but I'm just a college student with a lot of things to say that don't come up in class, and not a lot of guts to say them when they do. My sources will be uncited, and I will talk about myself more than anyone else. I attempted to name this blog "Self-Important ramblings" but it was taken as an address for the url, so I switched it to this.

I can only promise that I will probably remain coherent, since I tend to alienate people who could make me incoherent, and that I will have somewhat nuanced opinions. In fact, I can guarantee that a quick read-through in at least one of my future posts may mislead you into believing I have an opposite opinion from the one that I actually take. I don't know when it will happen, but I'm certain it will.

So, please enjoy my words. They're made of letters!

PS: I sometimes have a sense of humor. I'm not sure if it shows, but feel free to laugh at me or with me. I don't care which way you go.

No comments: