Friday, April 4, 2008

Ads

So, I'm on my facebook account, and there's always an ad to the left showing something. Quite often, it is some kind of dating service.

Occasionally, it also shows an advertisement for some way to watch Bleach, so I think it must be something designed to customize itself to what's on my profile.

Then again, more often than not, when it shows a dating service, it's for gay people, accompanied by a shirtless guy. Which actually doesn't strike me as completely out of step, considering that a key part of my profile is that I go to Emerson.

What makes me think "this is completely wrong" is the new dating service that's been showing up lately for Christian singles. Yes, it shows a woman, which is accurate, but damn it if they didn't mess up the second-biggest thing I don't want; a woman who would go to a Christian dating site. I don't mind Christians themselves, there are plenty of good ones. I just don't like the ones who feel that they can't go on anonymous internet dates without putting their faith first and foremost.

I'm actually more comfortable around a shirtless dude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine always says "are you a canadian male over Nineteen? We want you to take part in a study that involves drinking beer and listening to music."