Friday, May 4, 2007

Tintin

So, I was eating some haddock today, and I started thinking about Captain Haddock, and Tintin in particular. Which brought me to an interesting concept; who would be in the live action version of Tintin?

Yeah, it's an odd thought, but I've got the list;

  • Paul Bettany as Tintin-- If you don't know who he is, he was the albino guy in The DaVinci Code. He's also described himself as "the poor man's Jude Law." Which is really the kind of person necessary to play Tintin. I mean, we're looking at Jude Law's general physical type, but not someone who looks like he can say "hello" and receive fellatio. Plus, the guy's not terribly well-known (at least in America, not sure whether he's bigger in England or not), which is a good thing for an iconic character.
  • Russell Crowe as Captain Haddock-- He just seems to fit. I'm not sure why this has stuck in my head, but I have Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein shouting in my head "It... could... WORK!"
  • Steve Carell & Stephen Colbert as Thompson and Thomson-- So, we know that the two bumbling detectives would have to look similar, but that can be done with prosthetics and makeup. The important thing would be that they'd have to be a duo between 35 and 50 years of age, and have great comedic chemistry. And it's about time these two had a reunion tour.
  • Geoffrey Rush as Professor Calculus-- I wanted to put Woody Allen in this spot. He'd probably do well in the role. Except he'd demand to write it. And direct it. And I can't have my fantasy film ruined by Woody Allen's personality behind the scenes. My fantasy film must adhere to the source material. My second choice is Peter Sellers. However, he's dead. That presents a problem. So why not pick the guy who played Peter Sellers in the biopic?
So, that's really all there is to the cast unless I decide to pick the story in which the movie franchise starts. I think the Blue Lotus would be pretty good, or perhaps Black Gold.

No comments: