Monday, March 3, 2008

By the way

I don't know if anyone's actually read this, but I forgot to mention something cool that happened last Thursday.

Basically, I've got a Comedy writing class, which is basically like a primer in how to do a sketch comedy show. Anyway, I've basically been trying really hard in this class because I really feel like it's something I need to do for myself.

Now, the thing is, not everyone can have one of their own sketches in the final show, because that would be too cluttered, though obviously everyone's expected to do a little work on something or other. But only a few sketches can actually be picked.

So, anyway, one of the first selections, by overwhelming votes, was one that I'd written. And I have to say, it's pretty damn good.

I've also apparently been the first person definitively cast in a particular role. I mean, I know who I want to cast in the one I wrote, and a couple of the other sketches have consistently been read well by volunteers, but I'm the only one that has unanimously been cast by the entire class in a particular sketch.

I need to keep reminding myself of this because right now it's the best thing I've got going for me.

No comments: